The Breakheart Backyard Ultra is a twist on a ‘traditional’ ultra marathon race. Competitors must run the distance of 6706 metres (4.167 miles) in less than one hour. Competitors will then continue to run this same distance every hour, on the hour until there is only one runner standing. At the end of each lap any time remaining can be used in any way the competitor chooses, typically recovering and refuelling ready for the next hour’s yard. Runners will get a 3, 2 and 1 min warning as the start of each yard approaches. Any runner not in the starting corral at the start of the hour will not be permitted to commence that yard (THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE). Any runner that fails to complete the yard in the hour will be withdrawn from the race (THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE). The race is open ended and will finish when there is only one person remaining to step up to the line TO BE CROWNED WINNER!
Early bird entry = £75 (closes 21/06/2023)
Standard entry = £85
Date: Friday 21st June 2024
Race starts: 0900 Saturday 22nd June 2024
So come and have a crack at the inaugural Breakheart Backyard Ultra, located in the stunning Cotswold countryside in Gloucestershire, UK.
Event HQ is located in the fantastic setting of Breakheart Quarry nature reserve. Facilities available at HQ include plumed toilets, charging points (for phones, devices etc) and plenty of room for camping at the start/finish line. In addition there is an indoor area to provide shelter. HQ will open at 1200 on Friday 21st June for arrival and registration.
- GPS tracking/timing
- Fully marked route
- Event team (first aid/marshals)
- Camping (no electrical hook-ups)
- Zero waste log slice medal
- Breakheart Backyard Beanie
- Hot/cold water (burco boilers)
- German Bratwurst (free for runners only)
- Snacks for runners
- Log fire to warm those tired legs
- Tissues for when the crying starts
- A race director with a winning personality (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Hard camping ground
- Toilets (male, female and disabled)
- Hot and cold water
- Car parking (Note: parking is limited so please car share if possible)
- German Bratwurst (FREE for runners, crew can purchase)
- Unsupported runner area
SEE YOU THERE!