Do you want to test your endurance? Do you want to push yourself to your limits? Then come and see how many laps you can put your body through at the Ezemvelo Big Dog Backyard Ultra! As they say, “There is no finish. There is only one finisher. The last one standing.”
The solo event will follow all the rules as set out by Backyard Ultra. Run a 6,706+km lap per hour, or you are disqualified. The last person to finish a lap within an hour wins! No time cap, no assists on course, NO POLES, just pure hourly endurance.
The course is made up of a mix of rocky, hilly terrain and simple flowing jeep tracks. Be sure to keep your eye out for the abundance of wildlife and beautiful scenery as you traverse the koppies and grasslands.
The race will take place at Ezemvelo Nature Reserve. There a few accommodation options available that need to be booked directly via email@example.com
Options are: Chalets: R1800 per unit for 2 nights (1 – 3 July) sleeps 2 and 1 child.
Standard Camping: R150 per person per night
The race village will have a dedicated area for Gazebos to be set up so that your supporters can comfortably cheer you on and be ready with any aid you may need at the start finish point. There will also be hot food, coffee, and beer available. As the temperature drops in the night, fires will be lit near the start area to warm your tired legs.
- Medical support will be at the start/ finish line.
- Solo entry: R650
- You are responsible for your own nutrition. There will be no water points on the course.
- No timing of laps will be done. Only total laps will be counted. Unless there is a sprint finish in the team event.
- Timing will involve the use of numbered tags that must be handed in before the start of the hour lap and collected before the end of the hour lap. No hand ins prior to the hour start = DNF. No collection before the hour ends = DNF.
- Prize: 2 nights in the chalets at Ezemvelo Nature Reserve to the value of R1800.