Enjoy our great Backyard in Iceland!
The Iceland Backyard UItra is held on a beautiful trail course located in the Heidmork nature reserve. You will run on a smooth undulating trail with amazing sceneries along the way.
An aid station and inside facilities for runners will be at the starting line by Elliðavatnsbaer. At and around the faciltiy, there will be a fun atmosphere throughout the course of the competition.
Employees and volunteers from Arctic Running/Náttúruhlaup will be at the location, assisting runners and keeping the party going! We will serve participants delicious food and refreshments every couple of hours.
- Location: Elliðavatnsbær, Heiðmörk (close to Reykjvík)
- Time: Starts at 9:00 AM, Saturday 18th September 2021
- The trail: 6,7 km loop in Heiðmörk, starts and ends at Elliðavatnsbær
- Distance: As many loops as you can handle! Or until you are the last person left. The winner of the 2020 edition finished 25 loops.
- Time limit: Participants have to finish each 6.7 km loop within an hour. There are no further time limits.
- Final Results: All participants in the Iceland Backyard Ultra will receive a certificate with their loops.
Organizers: Náttúruhlaup and Arctic Running
Náttúruhlaup (Nature Running) is the local branch of Arctic Running. While Arctic Running offers Running Tours in Iceland for visitors, Náttúruhlaup is a running community for local runners. Arctic Running/Náttúruhlaup held the Iceland Backyard Ultra for the first time in September 2020. It sold out quickly and was a huge success. We look forward to see you in 2021!