Join us in the spectacular Karkloof for the inaugural Karkloof Backyard Ultra, the first race of the Karkloof Trail Series, a new ultra running challenge in South Africa.
With so much to see and do in the area, it’s going to be an epic Easter weekend. Bring the family and tell your friends to come and witness a suffer-fest that feeds the soul!
Dates and Times: Friday 2 April 2021 to Monday 5 April 2021
Start time: 14:00 Friday 2 April 2021
Venue: Karkloof Country Club
– 6.7km loop with a one-hour time limit.
– The loop is repeated continuously, on the hour until you fail to complete a loop in the allowed time.
– The last participant to finish the last loop is the winner.
Cost: R850 per runner
Included in fees:
– Camping fee for runner only
– Race garment
– Marked trail route
Runners will be responsible for:
– All nutrition
– All food over the weekend (the clubhouse will be open and serving food)
– All camping gear
– All running gear
Compulsory gear: Masks / suitable face coverings to be worn in the race village by all supporters and athletes
Supporters welcome: Camping fee of R50 per supporter