What’s a Backyard Ultra?? Line up at the starting line at 9am sharp and run a 4.167 mile loop on roads through the neighborhood before the hour is up. Keep toeing the starting line at the top of every hour until there is one last person standing. There’s no limit to how many laps can be completed.
Check in and bib pickup time is in Kevin’s backyard from 8:00am – 8:45am MT. Race starts at 9:00am MT SHARP!!
The entry fee will go towards the cost of an onsite porta-potty. Other than that, PLEASE BRING:
- Something to contribute to the aid station
- An old book that you will be tearing a page out of along the course to bring back with you to the start/finish line during each lap as a way to confirm that you completed the out and back portion of the lap
Family and friends are welcome to hang out in Kevin’s backyard and cheer on runners through the entirety of the race.
We will be following the official rules of Big’s Backyard Ultra:
- Course will be 4 miles 880 feet in length
- Participants must be in the starting corral at the bell
- Each loop starts precisely 1 hour after the last
- Warnings will be given 3, 2, and 1 minutes prior to start
- All competitors must start at the bell (no late starts)
- Except for restrooms, competitors may not leave the course until each loop is completed
- No non-competitors on the course (including eliminated runners)
- No personal aid during a loop (a common aid station will be at the start/finish)
- Each loop must be completed within an hour to be counted…including the final lap
- No artificial aids (including trekking poles)
- Slower runners must allow passes
- The winner is the last person to complete a loop
- All others are technically DNF
- Results of each runner in terms of distance covered will be recorded
- If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner
- Race will be open ended (there is no time limit for how long this race can go)