Only 50 runner slots available!
Registration link available shortly
The Tsalteshi Backyard Ultra is the first sanctioned Backyard Ultra in Alaska. Competitors run a 4.167-mile loop an hour, every hour around the clock, for as many laps as they can complete. The last person to complete the loop in an hour is the winner.
$100.00, which includes a T-shirt.
- Participants must start the loop at the top of the hour (no late starts)
- Except for restrooms, competitors may not leave the course until each loop is completed.
- Whatever time is left in the hour after completing a loop may be used for rest, eating and drinking, etc.
- No non-competitors on the course.
- No personal aid on the course.
- No artificial aids (including trekking poles).
- The course loop begins and ends at the Soldotna Regional Sports Complex on Kaliforsnky Beach Road. The same loop will be used day and night. The course is not lighted at night — welcome to the land of the midnight sun!
- Runners should provide their own aid; however, water and first aid stations will be provided at the trailhead.
- Support crews are allowed (but not required) at the trailhead. No support is allowed on the course.
- Outhouse facilities will be provided at the trailhead.
- Event parking is at the Soldotna Regional Sports Complex – right at the Start/Finish Line
- Each participant may set up a tent (up to 10×10) at the trailhead.
- There is no electricity at the trailhead. Bring a gas grill or stove if you wish to cook.
- There is no water at the trailhead. Cups of water will be provided for runners at the trailhead but plan to bring your own water for cooking, refilling bottles, etc.