Welcome to the 1st edition of WINTER BAY Backyard Ultra – the race in the middle of central Stockholm – with start / finish right at Liljeholmen’s Metro station!
The course runs beautifully along Lake Trekanten, rounds the magnificent Vinterviken & back again to Trekantsparken. Everything that has to do with the race will contribute to our charity initiative # Run4Diabetes to support the important research of Barndiabetesfonden (The Swedish Child Diabetes Foundation).
Backyard Ultra is truly a concept for ALL levels of runners, from the most avid ultra-crazy to the exercisers – everyone can test & challenge their own limits!
In short, it goes like this:
– The participants run a course (lap) that measures 6.7 km
– If you complete the lap in 1 hour, you are still in the competition
– Every full hour starts a new lap
– You must not skip one lap, nor come too late to the start of the next lap, then you are out
– The winner is the one (man / woman) who runs a full lap more than any other participant = Last One Standing!