Welcome to the 3rd edition of WINTER BAY Backyard Ultra 2024 – the race in central Stockholm – with start/finish right next to Liljeholmens T-bana!
The 1st edition in May 2022 was extremely popular & a sold-out running festival with 240 st registered participants (ca 180 st started). The winner Mai ran 41 loops & was awared a spot in the Swedish National Team in Backyard Ultra World Cup in October 2022.
The 2nd edition took place in May 2023 with fewer runners (ca 130) but who created a truly fantastic weekend with amazing atmosphere in great weather. The winner Szilard Fodor from Hungary was the last one standing after 30 loops.
We are delighted to announce that we again 2024 can offer the winner a “SILVER TICKET” = a spot in the Swedish National Team in Backyard Ultra Satellite World Cup!
All participants really praise the fantastic course which is beautifylly varied along lake Trekanten, rounding the magnificent Vinterviken & bck again on the other side of the lake to Trekantsparken.
Everything that has to do with the race will contribute to our charity initiative #Run4Diabetes to support Barndiabetesfonden (The Swedish Child Diabetes Foundation).
By WINTER BAY Backyard Ultra 2023 we raised an incredible 23.433 SEK!
Backyard Ultra is truly a concept for ALL levels of runners, from the most avid ultra-crazy to the exercisers – everyone can test & challenge their own limits!
In short, it goes like this:
– The participants run a course (lap) that measures 6.7 km
– If you complete the lap in 1 hour, you are still in the competition
– Every full hour starts a new lap
– You must not skip one lap, nor come too late to the start of the next lap, then you are out
– The winner is the one (man / woman) who runs a full lap more than any other participant = Last One Standing!