Welcome to the 2nd edition of WINTER BAY Backyard Ultra 2023 – the race in central Stockholm – with start/finish right next to Liljeholmens T-bana!
The 1st edition in May 2022 was extremely popular & a sold-out running festival with 240 st registered participants (ca 180 st started). The winner Mai ran 41 loops & was awared a spot in the Swedish National Team in Backyard Ultra World Cup which takes place in October 2022.
Among all the positive feedback received we got especially praised for the fantastic course which is beautifully varied along lake Trekanten, rounding the magnificent Vinterviken & back again on the other side of the lake to Trekantsparken.
Everything that has to do with the race will contribute to our charity initiative #Run4Diabetes to support Barndiabetesfonden (The Swedish Child Diabetes Foundation).
By WINTER BAY Backyard Ultra 2022 we raised an incredible 34.047 SEK!
Backyard Ultra is truly a concept for ALL levels of runners, from the most avid ultra-crazy to the exercisers – everyone can test & challenge their own limits!
In short, it goes like this:
– The participants run a course (lap) that measures 6.7 km
– If you complete the lap in 1 hour, you are still in the competition
– Every full hour starts a new lap
– You must not skip one lap, nor come too late to the start of the next lap, then you are out
– The winner is the one (man / woman) who runs a full lap more than any other participant = Last One Standing!