The Giba Gorge Adventure park is super excited to host it’s Inaugrual Back yard ultra. The concept of running until there is one person remaining is a new concept to us but one that allows us to fully show off our beautiful park.
The Giba Gorge Backyard Ultra will begin Saturday 6 August at 08h00 from Giba Gorge restuarant. Backyard Ultra runners will have a base at the restuarant where they can have allocated spot to recover and prepare for the next lap. The course has been set to ensure runner run “exactly” or as close to 6704m thorugh our park. This course will be shared with out park vistiors. The route wil be well marked and entails all the epic aspects of trail running. There will be uphills, down hills, river corssing nad technical sections. the general rules of back yard ultras apply and will be sent to atheltes prior to race day.
On race day, you can expect more than 155m of climbing in the 6.7km of running and the sighting of a few animals in the early hours and late evening. The Giba team will provide athletes some pizza and other treats through out the event and offer a superb spectator friendly base camp. The atmosphere will be electric as the park encompasses nature, family and adventure into one fun vibe.
Come join us on the 6th August 2022 to test out mental, physical and emotional strength. We look to forward to hosting you.
What you can expect:
Entry Fee: R850.00
• 3 meals per athlete: Can be post or during the event
• 24 hour tea table
• Fully serviced race village including bar, chill zone & charging station
• Event garment (Puffer Jacket)
• mattress (must bring own towel/chair/blankets etc)
• Event medal
• Permanent ablutions (Hot showers and airy flushing toilets)
• Medical and doctor support
• 24 hour security
• Donation to the chosen charity
• Spectator and family friend recovery zones
• Awesome trails and a race experience