The Iceland Backyard UItra 101 will be held on the 30th of April in the heart of Reykjavik. You will run on a great forest trails and along the scenic coastline of Nautholsvik.
An aid station and inside facilities for runners will be at the starting line by the Mjolnir Gym located in Oskjuhlid.
Employees and volunteers from Arctic Running/Náttúruhlaup will be at the location, assisting runners and keeping the party going! We will serve participants delicious food and refreshments during the race.
- Location: Mjolnir, Flugvallarvegur 3-3a, 102 Reykjavik
- Time: Starts at 9:00 AM, Saturday 30th of April 2022
- The trail: 6,75 km loop in the Oskjuhlid forest and along the Nautholsvik coastline
- Distance: As many loops as you can handle! Or until you are the last person left in the race.
- Time limit: Participants have to finish each 6,75 km loop within an hour.
- Final Results: All participants in the Iceland Backyard Ultra will receive a certificate with their number of loops.
Organizers: Náttúruhlaup and Arctic Running
Náttúruhlaup (Nature Running) is the local branch of Arctic Running. While Arctic Running offers Running Tours in Iceland for visitors, Náttúruhlaup is a running community for local runners. Arctic Running/Náttúruhlaup held the Iceland Backyard Ultra for the first time in September 2020. It sold out quickly and was a huge success. We look forward to see you in the Backyard races in 2022!