Taipei Backyard Ultra Details
台北 Backyard Ultra 資訊
We’ve tried to limit the elevation of the 6.71km-loop (4.1667 mile) while still providing a course that is pleasing to the eyes. You’ll be running mostly on paved paths with a few hills and over 2 pedestrian bridges.
The event is organized by Runivore, hosts of Explore Your Backyard trail race series and Beat the Sunset endurance event. We’re very excited to bring together top endurance athletes from Taiwan and abroad.
由 Explore Your Backyard 與 Beat the Sunset 主辦 Runivore 為大家引進一場獨一無二的耐力和意志力挑戰，邀請國內外的耐力好手共襄盛舉。
We plan on growing this event so that the winners can qualify for regional and global championships.
The rules are simple.
1. Runners will run the 6.71 kilometer (4.1667 mile) loop every hour until just one person is standing. The significance of the distance is that if you complete 24 hours of the backyard ultra – you will have run 100 miles (a significant achievement in ultra running).
2. Once the loop starts, you have one hour to complete it. You can run it in 30 minutes or 59 minutes…but that’s not the point. You must be back to the start line within one hour or you’re disqualified.
3. If you finish early, you have a bit of time to rest and refuel.
4. You just must be in the start corral when the next hour starts. if you’re not, you are eliminated.
5. If you do not finish within the hour, you are eliminated from the race. You must also report to the race timing marshal if you no longer want to continue.
6. The race ends when there is only one last runner able to run the final lap. Meaning – all the other runners have dropped out of the race.
1. 以一小時跑完 一圈 6.71公里，直到剩下最後一位跑者為止。
Taipei Backyard Ultra Course Overview
The Course Map for Taipei Backyard Ultra
The venue for Taipei Backyard Ultra will be set up at a coffee shop right under Shezi Bridge (社子大橋), a popular biker pit stop.